It's been years that we have been discussing to do something together to mash up our passions: two disciplines extremely different but both "visual" and for this reason we thought they were in some way complementary. We made a few experiments, some of them were... "cute"... but nothing that fired up our enthusiasm. A beautiful photo, as well as a good sketchnote is "self-sufficient," adding or subtracting something makes it loses part of its meaning. Moreover, we are very different from each other: our mindsets, the way we live, how we communicate and feel emotions.
Given this, we decided to take advantage of this "diversity" and transform a barrier into an enrichment: we will work on the same topic but each one with her/his specific technique and then we will "pair" our works.
First and foremost we need a schedule and subjects!
- Time: a rare and actually "expensive" item nowadays. However, we always find a way to do what we love. We wanted to have the awareness of a "commitment" and someone who'll support us in hard moments. So we decided for 30 days effort spread over few months: long enough to be a challenge. short enough to avoid to get boring.
- Subjects: We plan to work on 30 different subjects. As, for both of us, to inspire and instill emotions is a focal point, we chose to explore how the two techiques may communicate emotions. So the subjects became 30 short, simple and open questions.
How it works
- Starting from May 2016, we dedicated 30 days (not in a row) to work on the themes : Ilaria take photographs, Mauro do sketchnotes.
- For evey theme, we matched our works, we discussed, sometimes drawing inspiration from each other, sometimes proposing different visions of the same topic, some other times "rediscovering" works we did in the past.
- We published our works paired side by side, one theme a day for 30 days on social media using the hashtag #30DaysPhotoSN.
- All of the works will be also published side by side, along with the question of the day on this website. Photo and Sketchnote
- The works will be also published here:
- Instagram: Ilaria and Mauro with hashtag #30DaysPhotoSN
- Facebook: Ilaria
You can get in touch with us via the Contacts page.